UniHomes – UK’s Fastest Growing Student Accommodation Platform Acquires ‘Split The Bills’ To Reach 23% of Students in 2021
The UniHomes proposition assists thousands of students in their search for student accommodation and ensures that the thorny issue of arranging utilities and broadband are simplified through an all-inclusive cost. The platform works hand in hand with partner letting agents across 25 UK cities, with a 60% increase in users year on year, whilst also increasing letting agent partnerships by 75% in the past 12 months alone.
This growth is now compounded by the acquisition of Split The Bills which adds to the 160,000 students that it has helped with their accommodation needs in 2020. There are over 14,000 student houses that are advertised on the UniHomes platform, anticipated to increase as UniHomes expands to 40+ cities by the end of 2021.
Due to the upward momentum of the business, well over a quarter of a million people will be assisted by UniHomes in the next academic year – which is equal to 23% of the total student rental market*.
UniHomes was founded in 2015 by Phil Greaves, Bradley Cox and Luca Mori who recognised the obstacles students face when looking for suitable accommodation, and as student property investors themselves, identified a gap in the market for all-inclusive accommodation. Thousands of student enquiries later, their solution has gained significant traction amongst tenants, large landlords and letting agents alike.
UniHomes offers letting agents with HMO student properties free advertising. Many of their agency clients have reported volumes of enquiries that far exceed that from other advertising portals.
Co-Founder of UniHomes, Phil Greaves says
“Our goal is to become synonymous as the go-to accommodation portal for students, providing the best choice of available properties with the added bonus that bills are included. Our vast network of letting agent partners recognise the power of our offering. Adding UniHomes to an agent’s list of portal partners opens the market up to them considerably and, even better, we’re completely free of charge to agents’.
‘2020 has been a challenging year for everyone, this acquisition would not have been possible without the hard work and dedication of the teams in both businesses. I’m very proud of what we have achieved over the past 5 years. With the addition of Split The Bills, we look forward to the next chapter of our journey and we’re very excited for 2021!”
Media contact and interview arrangements
Russell Quirk at Properganda
PRE: [email protected]
T: 07930 336544
Notes to Editors
- The UniHomes founders are Phil Greaves, Bradley Cox and Luca Mori.
- The platform advertises thousands of student properties and is growing rapidly.
- UniHomes work alongside letting agents in 25 UK cities, advertising their property portfolios to generate student enquiries.
- The platform is self-funded with no outside investment and was founded by Phil Greaves, Bradley Cox and Luca Mori.
- The Co-Founders were landlords and property professionals themselves, as well as being students so understood both sides of the market.
- UniHomes promotes student accommodation and provides them on a ‘bills inclusive’ basis in a transparent and fair way.
- Split The Bills is a strategic acquisition of one of the largest student utility companies, who is a well-respected brand within the student community.
- It allows UniHomes to add ‘another string to their bow’, giving them capability of providing utilities directly to students alongside the main UniHomes brand.
- It represents a key milestone for UniHomes to acquire a business which will help the next stage of growth.
- Ashley Tate (founder of Split The Bills) will remain in the business as a minority shareholder.
- Following the acquisition, the combined business will have a 50 strong team to assist with UniHomes’ next stage of growth.
- UniHomes has increased its partnered letting agents by 75% this year.
- UniHomes revenues and customers have increased by 60% year on year.
- The combined businesses have over 5,500 reviews on Google and Trustpilot rated “Excellent”.